FLYNN, DELICH & WISE LLP has represented plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of national and international commercial disputes, including state and federal court litigation, arbitrations, mediations, and appeals. We are experienced in various aspects of business and commercial litigation, including cases involving contracts, torts and creditors’ rights.
Our litigation practice also includes defense of product liability claims and consumer class action claims brought under provisions of the California Business & Professions Code and the Consumer Legal Remedies Act.
* Defended inventor’s interest against a patent infringement claim. Summary judgment by the trial court was affirmed by the Federal Circuit. Laitram Corporation, et al. v. Morehouse Industries, Inc., et al., 143 F.3d 1456 (Fed. Cir. 1998).
* Defended the State of Yap, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), its Governor, other Government officials and state-owned corporations in Grant, et al. v. The State of Yap, et al., (D.C. Hawaii); and Gemini Capital Group, Inc., et al. v. Yap Fishing Corporation, et al., 150 F.3d 1088 (9th Cir. 1998), in which the Ninth Circuit affirmed the federal district court’s dismissal of the case on grounds of forum non conveniens, requiring all disputes to be litigated in the FSM courts.
* Represented a cruise line in connection with a copyright infringement claim by a movie studio against the cruise line for alleged unauthorized copying and viewing of a feature film onboard a cruise ship in Universal Studios v. Holland American Lines, (C.D. Cal).
* Acted on behalf of a cruise line in defending against consumer class-action claims relating to various promotions that allegedly resulted in different pricing programs offered to different passengers.
* Represented of a Taiwanese technology company in a successful prosecution of an action in federal district court based upon claims for copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition relating to the source code for software for wireless networking products.
* Defended a hospital in Southern California in more than 125 cases in state and federal court relating to the storage and use of human ova and embryos.