FLYNN, DELICH & WISE LLP provides a full range of counseling and litigation services to our clients on insurance coverage issues. We are experienced in evaluating various types of insurance policies and have successfully resolved claims relating to the scope of insurance coverage, bad faith denial of coverage, the relationship between insurance coverage and contractual indemnity clauses, and the respective coverage of multiple policies.
* Acted on behalf of Underwriters in voiding a policy of insurance for non-disclosure of materials facts in coverage of a 70-foot yacht that mysteriously “disappeared” in Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s v. Montford, 52 F.3d 219. (9th Cir. 1995).
* Represented a major Spanish citrus grower and packer in a claim against its cargo insurer for shipments of oranges that deteriorated during ocean carriage from Spain to various U.S. destinations during a year when a major freeze in California depleted the domestic supply.
* Acted on behalf of the subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company in a series of coverage actions against foreign and domestic fleet credit risk insurers, resulting in recovery of almost $20 million.
* Represented an international underwriter in an arbitration of a claim involving multiple insurance policies and underlying contractual indemnity provisions relating to an underlying significant personal injury claim that had been settled by the insurers without prejudice to their respective rights and liabilities.
* Defended a prominent Hawaii law firm in a malpractice/breach of fiduciary duty action, the successful defense of which rested on voiding the underlying marine insurance policy under maritime law.
* Represented an ocean carrier in a marine insurance coverage/bad faith action, resulting in mid-litigation change of course by insurance company to unconditionally provide coverage and to pay fees incurred by carrier in prosecution of coverage action.